S. Jawad Ahmed
9547-L University Terrace Dr Charlotte, NC 28262 firstname.lastname@example.org (336) 471-4627
University of North Carolina at Charlotte – Charlotte, North Carolina May 2013
Bachelor of Arts in Political Science
Minors: Computer Science & Software and Information Systems
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and leadership abilities.
- Two month experience internship with Mecklenburg County Democratic Party.
- Residence Hall Council Member for two and a half years—received Outstanding Leadership and Service and Hall Council of the Year awards.
Mecklenburg County Democratic Party – Charlotte, North Carolina September 2012-November 2012
- Executed voter phone banking, data entry, and canvassing.
- Contributed to the overall, over 8,000 plus responses to cold-calling.
- Administered office operations and multi-tasked by greeting citizens, handling donations, and addressing inquiries from phone calls.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and oral communication skills by assisting with recruitment, training, and coordinating of volunteers.
- Presided over social media engagement on Twitter and Facebook.
- Efforts helped elect Democratic candidates and keep the county Democratic.
Leadership and Campus Activities
Student Volunteer, International Student/Scholar Office, Spring Semester 2013
- Displayed effective oral communication and interpersonal skills by assisting with the international students’ orientation that included over 20 students.
- Built an international peer network with over 40 students and developed a global perspective.
- Acted as a liaison between these students and my university, community, and country.
PILOT (Programs in Leadership and Organizational Training), Fall Semester 2012
- Completed both the Leader Certification and Masters Level Certification in one semester.
- Gained leadership skills through workshops in skill building, leadership/ethics, diversity, and self development.
Residence Hall Council Member, Spring Semester 2009 and Fall Semester 2010-Spring Semester 2012
- Planned and implemented events for over 500 residents of the dormitories and community.
- Elected by residents of the dorms to attend meetings.
- Used my effective interpersonal and oral communication skills to report and approve their ideas and opinions.
Secretary, Pakistani Student Association, Fall Semester 2010
- Collected/sent meeting minutes to members and reminded them of meetings.
- Participated in UNC Charlotte’s International Festival (Hosts over 10,000 yearly) with PSA’s booth.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and SPSS.
- Oral proficiency in Urdu. Adequate knowledge of Spanish. Reading ability in Arabic.