9547-L University Terrace Dr
Charlotte, NC 28262
April 26, 2016
Erin Greenlee, Human Resources
710 Northeast Drive Suite 10
Davidson, NC 28036
Dear Ms. Greenlee:
I am applying for the position of Data Analytics Summer Intern that I found through the Hire-A-Niner website. I am passionate about environmental issues; such as, water and energy use. I admire the company’s commitment to having a more “greener tomorrow.” I feel I can be a valuable asset because of my past, technological experiences and knowledge.
I’ve managed datasets as a research associate at Dallas Afterschool and as a research and data intern at Children At Risk. At DA, I collected, entered, and managed raw data using advanced features of Microsoft Excel. I also prepped data for analysis. At C@R, I organized data that was incorporated into large school data files, cleaned data for the second edition of the Texas School Guide, utilized excel to review school level data, and analyzed data.
I extensively used Statistical Package for the Social Sciences (SPPS) for my Political Science Methods, doing research and analysis including regression analysis. I am a clear, logical thinker. I have strong analytical and communication skills. I am highly organized and an excellent problem solver. I have experience working with clients and working as a team. It is the combination of all this that makes me the best candidate for your data analytics intern position.
I look forward to the possibility of talking with you. I will send a follow-up e-mail after a week. If any other documents are needed, I can be reached through my e-mail, phone, or by mail. All of which are provided on my resume. Thank you for your consideration.
S. Jawad Ahmed
9547-L University Terrace Dr Charlotte, NC 28262 firstname.lastname@example.org (336) 471-4627
University of North Carolina at Charlotte – Charlotte, North Carolina
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
Expected graduation: December 2017
University of North Carolina at Charlotte – Charlotte, North Carolina May 2013
Bachelor of Arts in Political Science
Minors: Computer Science and Software and Information Systems
- Managed data sets at Dallas Afterschool and Children At Risk.
- Marketing clients’ skills and providing them service at Paragon Group.
- Strong analytical and communication
Dallas Afterschool – Dallas, Texas August 2015-October 2015
- Collected, entered, and managed raw data using advanced features of Excel.
- Prepped data for analysis that impacted over 9,000 K-12 students in the Dallas, Texas area.
- Administered surveys and facilitated student social-emotional assessments with afterschool program staff.
- Researching and reviewing literature on afterschool programs in Dallas area.
Children At Risk – Dallas, Texas May 2014-July 2014
Research and Data Intern
- Clean data necessary for the Texas School Guide, including school names, grade levels, addresses, phone numbers, etc.
- Researched policies, procedures, and services for Dallas Independent and Fort Worth Independent School Districts and area charter schools, to enhance the Parent Action Guides included in the Texas School Guide.
- Contributed to the development of the second edition of Texas School Guide by utilizing Microsoft Excel and reviewing school level data.
Paragon Group – Plano, Texas April 2014-July 2015
Client Services Coordinator
- Demonstrating time management by researching job leads and networking contacts for clients within a deadline.
- E-mailing/calling various company HR managers/recruiters to set up interviews for clients.
- Managing the company website and providing clients with open job postings.
- Developing resume website pages for clients.
- Editing client videos used for their professional resume websites.
Programming Languages: C++, Java, and SQL.
Markup Languages: HTML/HTML5, XHTML, and CSS/CSS3.
Software/Software Packages: Oracle, Eclipse, jQuery, SPSS, Adobe Dreamweaver, and PowerDirector.
Design: UML, Algorithms, Databases, and MVC.